Question: How many videos are watched on Snapchat everyday?
10 billion videos , yes with a “B”, are watched on Snapchat every day.
What does this mean to you?
Are you missing out on an opportunity to engage with your audience? Don’t be so quick to dismiss this avenue as Snapchat users are becoming more diverse every day.
As of February of this year, here are some key data points on this app:
- 71% of Snapchat users are under 34 years old.
- Roughly 70% of Snapchat users are female.
- 30% of US Millennial Internet Users use Snapchat regularly.
- People under the age of 25 use Snapchat for 40 minutes on average every day, more than instagram’s latest stat for same demographic.
- 50% of Male College students share selfies on Snapchat, the number is higher in Female college students. 77% to be precise.
- 45% of Snapchat users are aged between 18-24.
- Snapchat reaches 11% of Total US Digital population.
- More than 25% of UK Smartphone users are on Snapchat, in Norway the number goes up to 50%.
How will this help support my brand?
The key here is to know your audience AND know those who influence your audience. As with any app, the more it is accepted and used by society, the reach will increase and the opportunity to get in front of these new audiences with little competition is a prime opportunity.
What do you need to do?
If you haven’t already, create customer personas for that represent your best prospects. Likely this will be a few, and each will need to be connected in their own way and spoken to in their own unique voice.
This is a practice we strongly recommend for all of our clients and help them create them if needed. It doesn’t have to be that hard or expensive, and honestly should be a practice you revisit regularly as your audience and their habits will evolve with your brand.
If you’d like to discuss more, please send us a message.
- Email Marketing (1)